The global super absorbent polymers market was valued at USD 8.4 billion in 2018 and is expected to reach USD 14.9 billion in 2026, growing at a CAGR of 7.5% during the forecast period. Rising population, growing awareness and focus on effective management of irrigation water are expected to drive the growth of the Super absorbent polymers market.
Super absorbent polymers are a revolutionized product that has quickly progressed from specialty chemical to special commodity. It has brought transformation in a baby diaper and adult incontinence industries over the past three decades.
Download Sample of this Report: https://www.alltheresearch.com/sample-request/185
Super absorbent polymers are witnessing tremendous growth in the agriculture industry. The application of super absorbent polymer is one of the most popular water conservation approaches in agriculture. It is largely used across the world for fulfilling the increasing demand for food to a growing population. Super absorbent polymers are used as a mini reservoir of water and nutrients in the soil for on-demand supply to plants to produce grain and increase biomass under limited nutrient and irrigation conditions. Therefore, increasing focus on effective management of irrigation water is one of the key factors propelling the super absorbent polymers market growth.
On the other hand, the volatility of raw material prices coupled with non-biodegradability of the synthetic super absorbent polymer are the key factors hampering the growth of global super absorbent polymer market. However, the development of bio-based super absorbent polymer for personal care products and government initiative to promote hygiene & cleanliness are expected to create growth opportunities for various players in the super absorbent polymers market.
• Based on type, the sodium polyacrylate segment is accounted for the largest share in the market and held for around 50% of the total super absorbent polymers market, in 2018
• Based on application, the agriculture segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of around 8.5% during the forecast period
• Asia-Pacific accounted for more than 30% share of the global Super absorbent polymers market in 2018
• In November 2018, Nippon Shokubai plans to build 100,000 ton/year acrylic acid plant in Indonesia, and the plant is targeting to start operation in November 2021. Acrylic acid is the feedstock for super absorbent polymer.
• In May 2017, Sumitomo Seika has announced to expand production capacity for super absorbent polymer in South Korea.
• In September 2015, SDP Global has established new production base for super absorbent polymer in Malaysia.
AllTheResearch was formed with the aim of making market research a significant tool for managing breakthroughs in the industry. As a leading market research provider, the firm empowers its global clients with business-critical research solutions. The outcome of our study of numerous companies that rely on market research and consulting data for their decision-making made us realize, that it’s not just sheer data-points, but the right analysis that creates a difference.
For all your Research needs, reach out to us at:
39180 Liberty Street Suite 110, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Contact Person: Rohit B.
Email: [email protected]