A wedding ceremony is a special day that allows the couple the opportunity to declare their love for one another in front of those who are most important to them. The person you chose to lead your ceremony is a critical element in ensuring your day is both memorable and hassle-free. So, selecting a celebrant that is right for you is a significant step in planning your special day. Here is a list of things you should know before you choose a wedding celebrant.
Think about the Kind of Couple you are:
You probably know a lot about each other, especially the likes and dislikes. Discuss what kind of ceremony you both would love to have. Take the examples of weddings you recently attended and focus on details of what you both may or may not like.
How to Find a Wedding Celebrant:
Like all services for a wedding, celebrants also come in variations. Searching on the internet is the fastest and most convenient way to find wedding celebrants quickly. You can also take the help of social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
There are also many celebrant directory listings, often based on regions. There you could find names of celebrants, which you can Google and match their ideas with yours. However, the most trusted way to find a wedding celebrant by through referrals or the weddings you have attended and liked. Remember, you are choosing someone that will be a part of your most special day, so you want to be sure you choose the best one for you.
The website of a particular celebrant, with images or videos, will give you a good feel of their style and presentation. Apart from this, you need to do certain things to help you with your choice:
• Contact the celebrant by phone or email
• Verify that your chosen celebrant is available on the day
• Ask the celebrant if they have conducted ceremonies with the style you want
• Ask them if you could watch one of those ceremonies to get the gist of it
• Make an appointment to visit them personally. Face-to-face conversations are the best way to know a person and match their personality.
• Check if they have their own PA system
What is Included?
A wedding celebrant doesn’t just show up directly on the wedding day. There are many things that go before the ceremony.
• Your wedding celebrant will meet you, often more than once
• A visit to the wedding location may be included in it
• Ongoing communication, regarding details of the ceremony
• Preparing all the necessary documentation to make your marriage legal
There is no fixed price for a wedding celebrant, as it often depends upon the location and additional costs. Ask the celebrant for details of the price or if they have different packages that you can choose from. Generally, a deposit is required, which can range from a flat fee to 50% of the fee. Check what amount is refundable and what is not. If the celebrant is unable to attend the wedding, it is their responsibility to provide you with a replacement.