Have you ever wanted a new website for your beloved game as an OSRS player? The web team of Old School RS has recently informed to give a makeover to the website and created a new and clean site with mobile compatibly. Will it pass the vote and come true? Stay tuned for more feedbacks and ideas from community.
What is the new design for OSRS website?
1. A simple navigation bar is set on the top of webpage, making the layout clearer and easier to find. Besides, the new design keeps the navigation across both the Old School and RuneScape websites consistent.
2. The new design keeps the structure similar to the current one, while it improves the texture and images, making it clearer for new visitors find what they exactly look for.
3. The Old School website is mobile compatible in new design, allowing players to check for the latest news, look someone up on hiscores, or do anything else with the website. What's more, the new design would also work well with mobile devices.
What do players think about the new design?
Since the structure remains reminiscent of the 2007 version, some players’ voice support for the new design, thinking it is its more functional with the permanent "Category" list which makes easy to jump from skill to skill and easier to use, at the same time, it invokes a sense of nostalgia.
By contrast, many other players think some prospective members have played years ago and familiar with the current theme, which is more recognizable. The new design could scare them off or not spark the same nostalgia.
What’s more, players claim that the main page banner art wizard doesn't really fit the overall website since it looks too much like RS3. Besides, the gray tab bar at the top looks weird in combination with the other colors and out of place with the rest of the layout.
Almost all features in this updates are controversial. The only difference is that mobile website earns widespread acceptance of its convenience. It is well-liked because it offers convenience for those people who browse the internet on their phone.
What are the potential ideas for the new design?
1. Aim at website’s appearance problem, some players suggest to make the top banner brown, leave highscores alone and then change the wizard to look more Old School.
2. Jagex should focus more on tweaking the website rather than actually changing the whole thing. Content is more important than format in update, so it is better to add more features to the website, such as a Grand exchange section and forums exclusively for OSRS.
3. Considering that everyone has his own tastes, toggle-able feature between old and new website (have the new design as default and let people switch between the two designs on their own accord.) may be acceptable.
The continuous development of RS does make players more passionate about the game and you can expect a better plan for new website since Jagex is still collecting the feedback. But before the ideal design releases, players could also buy some cheap07 rs gold from RS3gold with fast and save delivery to enjoy the game.
RS3gold Promo – Buy Cheap RS Gold with 5% Free Bonus
Buy RS Gold at Rs3gold with PayPal Requiring No Confirmation Any More
10 Minutes Delivery Guarteen in rs3gold in http://www.rs3gold.com/GoldServer/242078216A/List.aspx
Buy RS Gold By Paypal at Rs3gold Requiring No Confirmation Any More
The RS3gold Team