FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) Sep 23, 2014
-- Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles Advantages of Low-floor Variants
The time when a mobility-impaired person was fated to remain just a passenger in a vehicle is long gone. Today, even someone suffering from progressive deterioration of the ability to move around can be a driver; thanks to the low-floor wheelchair accessible vehicle. Truly, the technology has revolutionized the lives of the handicapped persons all over the world. The advantages they offer are numerous. Given below are some of them.
• Convenience: Convenience is the greatest advantage low-floor wheelchair vehicles offer. They don’t have to lift the chair; they can just glide into the van and onto the driving seat. This eliminates the need of an elevator or a lift. Increased space and maximum comfort get added to it as a result.
• Greater visibility: With no other equipment except a wheelchair, the machinery required in a vehicle is minimal. Quite naturally, its windows remain unblocked increasing the visibility eliminating the possibility of accidents.
• Ease of transportation: Low-floor technology has come as a great boon for public transportation services. Earlier, a mobility impaired person meant spending lots of time to lift the wheelchair. In a ground-floor vehicle, he/she can just get into it as it comes by.
Know that a low-floor wheelchair car or van is not a luxury, but a necessity. The sad situation is that people still consider it as a mere luxury. For this reason, buying one may appear to be a daunting task for someone with a tight budget. When combined with the fact that these types of cars or vans are quite expensive, people simply shy away from making the purchase.
Know that there are numerous organizations to help you with this. All you need is to apply for the same, follow it up and have patience with the process. When you are ready to make the purchase, take the following things into account before buying your choice model.
• Do not sacrifice your rights: It is true that on-site mobility inspection of your vehicle may be impossible. If that is the case, you can ask for the same, to be able to take from your own driveway. You can even opt for a test drive if you want. Remember, the manufacturers or dealers of wheelchair vehicles are legally mandated to do it. You are advised to make use of this offer only if you are a completely mobility-impaired person.
• Have a detailed consultation with the salesperson: Buying a wheelchair accessible vehicle is a personal choice. Make sure that the car, van or bus you go for are modified as per your requirements. Be fully aware of your limitations and opt for a vehicle capable of compensating for them.
Explore the Internet to know the options available in your price-range. Consulting with the dealer too may be of great advantage to you. If you have a gently used wheelchair vehicle to sell, that alone may take care of the price of the newer one. Know your options in wheelchair accessible vehicles http://www.betterlifemobility.com/ and lead an independent life.
Get latest models of handicap vans http://www.betterlifemobility.com/Locations/San-Diego in San Diego, CA at mobility dealership with over a decade of experience. To see available vehicles click on handicap van inventory http://www.betterlifemobility.com/Locations/San-Diego .
Contact Person: Mo Abusham
BETTER LIFE MOBILITY CENTERS
Address: 8130 Parkway Dr.La Mesa, CA 91942
Tel/Fax: 888 540 8267