Free Press Release

FaceBook Page Twitter Feed
You are here: Home > All News > What Happens AFTER Foreclosure in California?

What Happens AFTER Foreclosure in California?

Posted Nov 17, 2014 by suleman
Consumer Action Law Group is a leading law firm that can guide homeowners on how to claim the lost or undisclosed surplus funds.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE (Press Release) Nov 17, 2014 -- Los Angeles, CA – Getting your Equity after Foreclosure. In the event that a home is sold as the result of foreclosure, there is often equity left for home owners who invested in their loans for many years in the state of California.

During the foreclosure process in California, a sale trustee must deposit what are called ‘surplus funds’ into an account and then contact the prior home or property owner. These are funds that remain when the sale price at auction is more than what is owed on a mortgage. In simple terms, any equity that remains after a foreclosure sale must be returned to the prior owner.

The claim process is time consuming and technical and often requires the assistance of a real estate attorney that has deep experience in the foreclosure process and fully understands what happens after foreclosure in California . For instance, knowing how to proceed with the trustee and the court to obtain the surplus funds.

Attorney Lauren Rode, stresses the importance of an attorney collection of surplus funds after foreclosure at Consumer Action Law Group. “You must file a pleading with the court that states how much your claim is and what you believe your priority to be.” After a set time, the court then orders who gets what. Some non-judicial states may require other actions by claimants to qualify for an excess funds disbursement, so checking with an attorney is always advised.

Surplus funds must be paid to the prior owner at the end of the sale. California surplus foreclosure funds can be recovered with the help from a real estate attorney. A real estate law firm can recover surplus foreclosure funds and even help stop an eviction. The best place to find information for claiming surplus funds after foreclosure sale is to contact one of the real estate attorneys at

About Consumer Action Law Group

Consumer Action Law Group is a law firm dedicated to help clients in consumer-related matters. The lawyers in the team are knowledgeable and experienced in the areas of financial distress, mortgages, and foreclosures. They have the experience to successfully pursue financial matters for the benefit of homeowners, tenants and others.

For Media Inquiries:
Contact Person: Chuck Panzarella
Telephone: (818) 465-5861
Email: [email protected]
-- EOF ---
Contact Email :
Issued By : Chuck Panzarella
Website : Consumer Action Law Group
Country : United States
Categories : Business
Tags : real estate attorney, what happens after foreclosure in California, surplus funds after foreclosure,
Last Updated : Nov 17, 2014

New Press News

blog comments powered by Disqus
Popular TagsMore