FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) Feb 9, 2015
-- Funeral insurance is often considered to be God-send. This happens because the cost of giving an honorable burial to a person is always on the rise. The tips given below will definitely help anyone entrusted with the task of burying a loved one.
Tips on insurance for funeral services
Finding the right type of insurance policy to bear the expenses for your funeral is a tough job. Still, getting protection is the greatest favor you can do for your loved ones. Following are a few suggestions for your consideration.
1. Check your current insurance policy
Certain insurance providers include funeral expenses in their policies. Analyze the protection you have at the moment and see to it that you are not incurring unwanted loss. You may not need a policy dedicated for your last rites.
2. Do research on reputation
This in fact is the first step you should take when exploring your options here. You can go for a well-established company or a funeral director with a license to do the job. Whatever is your choice, a good service provider will offer huge savings. The professional will also take measures to protect you from possible risks in future.
3. Know your options
There are three types of funeral insurance policies. They are as follows.
• Life insurance with your family as the nominee: A majority of the people in the US are protected with a life insurance policy. If you don’t have one, you can take one just to cover your burial costs.
• Policy with a funeral home as beneficiary: Certain funeral homes too offer insurance protection. Here, the benefit goes directly to the director, not to your loved ones. You can pay for the partial or full cost of your funeral.
• Pre-need contract: This may be the best you can find. It covers everything you may need for the funeral. Certain companies don’t even specify the usage. In such a situation, your loved ones can use the benefit in the way they want.
4. Know your legal obligations
Every State will have some sort of restrictions in place for funeral insurance policies. Research online and be aware of them. Consult the funeral home or your insurance provider armed with this information. You should also discuss your decision with your family members.
5. Use the “free-look” period
All the renowned insurance companies allow a one-month interval before you are asked to approve a policy. Take advantage of it. Read the terms and conditions carefully. If you don’t understand anything, don’t hesitate to ask.
6. Be on your guard
Most of the States in the US have certain restrictions in place to protect consumers from exploitation. For instance, some types of pre-need policies are not allowed in some areas. Know your rights when paying for the insurance protection you need.
It is true that cost varies greatly among funeral service providers. But, arranging the same in advance is always encouraged. Your loved ones can feel relaxed with the assurance that everything is taken care of.
More tips and info about funeral planning can be found at this link http://www.sanluisrey.org/cemetery/. Call (760) 231-8445 ext. 139 and arrange meeting with funeral director from Mission San Luis Rey Cemetery http://www.sanluisrey.org/cemetery/ at Oceanside, CA.
Contact Person: Maureen Sullivan
E-mail: [email protected]
Old Mission San Luis Rey de Francia
Address: 4050 Mission Avenue, Oceanside, CA 92057-6402
Tel/Fax: (760) 757-3651