FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) Dec 25, 2014
-- Pros And Cons Of Wheelchair Accessible Trucks
These wheelchair accessible trucks are for those individual who want to be behind the wheels but are physically handicapped. When a conventional vehicle is changed to a wheelchair accessible truck certain things are to be kept in mind. A wheelchair trucks or handicap trucks are for those users who do not have the ability of driving a conventional truck. These trucks are made for people who want them for recreation purpose also for work purpose. With two or four wheeled drive, lowered floors and roof, capacity for towing allows potential for different lifestyles to users. So one has to be practical about the functions and benefits a wheelchair accessible truck can provide.
Advantages of wheelchair truck
The advantages of using a wheelchair accessible truck are as under:
Firstly, the key advantage of a wheelchair accessible truck is that we should remember that it is not a van. It is a type of vehicle that people use for a good lifestyle, for convenience, to enjoy life or for business purpose.
Secondly, the vehicle draws a lot of attention when driven at a public place. A lot of questions may arise and the person behind the wheel should be able to answer them. Wheelchair accessible trucks are very good attention seekers.
Thirdly, there is a lot of advantage when a truck is converted to a wheelchair accessible truck for farmers, businessmen, outdoorsmen, construction foreman as it would be easy for them to drive through mud, snow etc.
Disadvantages of wheelchair truck
The disadvantages that a person in a wheelchair driving a vehicle faces are as under:
• Firstly, in case there is a malfunctioning of the lift then the person in the wheelchair would require intervention from another person. There could also be instances when the battery would die out.
• Secondly, parking becomes a bit difficult for the disabled drivers driving the wheelchair truck. Parking the truck in an extremely crowded lot or in the streets becomes an issue because the surrounding has to be proper as the platform of the lift opens from the driver’s door and takes a lot of space for the wheelchair to come out of the vehicle.
• Thirdly, the pricing of a wheelchair accessible truck is much more than other disabled vehicles. Even the cost of conversion sometimes amounts more compared to a handicap minivan or a van. After the purchase of the vehicle, the cost of fuel also increases.
• Fourthly, at times, a wheelchair accessible trucks reselling is quite difficult. Only unique people with disability would want to buy a disable truck conversion. These vehicles do not a have a good resell value as compared to other handicap vehicles.
• Fifthly, the biggest drawback of a wheelchair accessible truck is that it does not allow more than more wheelchairs inside the truck, unless and until there are transferring or storing facilities in the truck for a wheelchair or a scooter.
“What type of handicap truck best fit my needs?” - Better Life Mobility www.betterlifemobility.com can help you find the perfect answer for that question. Take a look at their offers at http://www.betterlifemobility.com/
Contact Person: Mo Abusham
E-mail: [email protected]
BETTER LIFE MOBILITY CENTERS
Address: 8130 Parkway Dr.La Mesa, CA 91942
Tel/Fax: 888 540 8267