FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) Sep 24, 2014
-- Energy is money. Wasting energy means wasting your own hard-earned money. The good news is that saving energy is quite simple. All you have to do is to follow the guidelines given below.
Know that lowering your gas heating unit’s temperature just 1º would help you save 3% in your energy bill. But, do not ever completely switch off the furnace or any other space heater. It would require lots of energy when turned on; to bring back the temperature in your room to normal. Regulate the temperature of your space heater as 60º when you are not at home and to 68º when you are there.
All through the year
Keep the following things in mind if you want to save huge in your electricity bill irrespective of the seasons.
• Install a temperature control unit: Know that the habit of lowering temperature when not in use contributes a lot in your attempts to save in your energy expenditure. If you feel that installing a separate unit is not a practical option, go for natural gas heaters http://www.heater-store.com/natural_gas_space_heaters_116_ctg.htm which comes equipped with a programmable thermostat.
• Weather-proof your home: Make sure that your home is well-insulated during winter. You can open windows or doors to welcome sunshine. But, take care to ensure that they do not remain open for long, especially in the evening. Let the warmth remain in your home. This way, you are able to lower the temperature reducing your energy consumption.
• Check the air ducts: Make sure that your air and heat ducts are in good condition. Take care to cover up all the ducts in the areas where you don’t generally use heaters.
• Keep the water temperature always low: Understand that lowering your water temperature even up to 10º would help you save a lot. Do not allow it to go beyond 120º Fahrenheit.
• Install water restrictors: Install showerheads designed to restrict the flow of water. The ones used in the past allowed a flow of water up to 8 gallons per minute. Installing water flow restrictors allow you to reduce this to 2.5 gallons and that too without affecting the pressure.
• Opt for a regular tune-up for your natural gas heater: Take care to hire the services of a professional to do a thorough check-up of all your heating appliances. Doing this would make sure that all the units are working effectively.
• Replace the filter at regular intervals: If you are someone using a furnace to heat up your home, take care to replace its air filters at an interval of three months.
• Help your furnace: After switching on the furnace installed in your home, check to see if the heat is properly circulated. Remove everything; furniture or draperies which may obstruct its path. Keep your radiant heaters free from dust all the time.
• Don’t try to heat an unused room: If you don’t frequent a particular room in your home, don’t heat it. However, do not avoid it completely. Winter may freeze the pipes or damage the plasters.
These are just a few small tips. Take good care of your natural gas heater http://www.heater-store.com/natural_gas_space_heaters_116_ctg.htm . It would stay with you, may be for a lifetime. If you are buying one, visit Heater Store http://www.heater-store.com/ and order latest heater models.
Contact Person: Jose C. Calderon
E-mail: [email protected]
Mega Super Stores, Inc
Address: 10679 Westview Pkwy,San Diego, CA 92126