FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) May 21, 2014
-- India Nutraceuticals Industry Outlook to 2018 - Rising Health Consciousness to Steer Growth” provides a detailed analysis of the industry covering various aspects including market size in terms of revenues and market segmentation on the basis of major types such as dietary supplements and functional food and beverages. The report also includes competitive landscape and profiles of the major players operating in the industry. The future projections are included to provide an insight on the prospects in the India nutraceuticals industry.
The nutraceuticals market in India is growing at a rapid rate over the period of last seven years. This growth rate can be attributed to rise in health consciousness, increasing awareness about the various types of nutraceuticals available in the market and willingness of people to spend on health fortifying food and additives. In terms of revenue, the nutraceuticals industry of India has showcased a rapid growth at a ~% CAGR over the period. The revenues have grown from USD ~ million in FY’2006 to USD ~ billion in FY’2013.
India nutraceuticals market is dominated by the functional food and beverages segment which accounted for ~% share in FY’2013. However, the industry has witnessed the rapid growth of the dietary supplements market, propelled by increasing awareness amongst people to guard themselves against chronic diseases. The sales of vitamins have dominated the dietary supplements market over the years, with minerals supplements closely following behind. The marketplace has witnessed increasing consumer interest for the energy and sports drinks in recent years, largely propelled by a growing demand from the young and affluent professionals.
While the functional food and beverages market is highly cluttered with a host of small and big players, Amway has been a dominant player in dietary supplements market for the past few years which accounted for ~% share in the overall revenues of the dietary supplements industry. Dabur India and Ranbaxy constitute other major players with a percentage contribution of ~% and ~% respectively.
The nutraceuticals market of India is still underpenetrated, with a major presence in urban parts if the country. The vast population base of India has presented wide prospects for the nutraceuticals market to flourish over the years. Busier lifestyles of the urban middle class population have encouraged increasing consciousness about health and fitness, which are likely to be the major driving force behind the growth of the nutraceuticals industry in the future The revenues of the nutraceuticals industry are expected to increase at a CAGR of ~% to reach USD ~million by FY’2018.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
• The market size of the India nutraceuticals industry, functional food and beverages and dietary supplements markets on the basis of revenues
• Market segmentation of the India Nutraceuticals industry on the basis of types of products
• Market segmentation of the Functional Food And Beverages on the basis of product form
• Market size of Functional Food market by revenues
• Market segmentation of Functional Food by ingredients, food items and benefits
• Market size of Functional Beverages market by revenues
• Market segmentation of Functional Beverages by types
• Market segmentation of Dietary Supplements by Ingredients
• Government Rules and Regulations
• Import and export of Nutraceuticals in India
• Trends and Developments prevailing in the functional food & beverages, dietary supplements and overall nutraceuticals industry
• Competitive landscape, market shares and detailed company profiles of the major players in the functional food & beverages and dietary supplements markets
• Future outlook and projections of the India functional food & beverages, dietary supplements markets and overall nutraceuticals industry on the basis of revenues
Read more- http://www.kenresearch.com/healthcare/skin-and-personal-care-industry/india-nutraceutical-market-research-report/484-91.html
Contact Person- Ankur Gupta
Email Id- [email protected]