FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) Jan 21, 2015
-- Benefits and drawbacks of using powered wheelchairs
Wheelchair is a type of artificial aid that is used by physically impaired people for moving around. As statistics show that their rate is continuously increasing, methods have to be opted for improving the standard of life of such patients and also facilitating their integration in the workplace. Technology plays a very significant role in our lives. Therefore, electric wheelchairs with advanced and improvised techniques are invented to aid these people to move about freely without depending on others.
What are the benefits of using an electric wheelchair?
An electric wheelchair is specially designed for people who are physically impaired due to certain illness or diseases or due to accidents. The benefits that these people can get if they use an electric wheelchair are as follows:
1. The electric wheelchair does not fatigue your hands. It provides comfort and ease while driving.
2. Electric wheelchairs are convenient to use and they have hand controls, mouth controls, or other body part controls.
3. There is an option of customizing the electric wheelchairs depending on the shape, size, height, weight, and inability of the person using it.
4. If a person wants to buy a folding electric wheelchair to accommodate in their vans or large vehicles, he/she can spend a few more dollars to get folded ones.
5. A lot of adjustment options are available unlike other wheelchairs such as seat adjustments, foot support adjustments, arm-support adjustments, and controller adjustments depending on the model you purchase or rent.
6. People with less upper body strength are recommended to use an electric wheelchair as this type of wheelchair is motorized and are comfortable for such users.
7. Navigating on inclined surfaces on an electric wheelchair is much easier than manual wheelchairs.
8. All electric wheelchairs have chargeable batteries and therefore, the chair can be used for long hours between the times of their recharge.
9. The most important benefit that we get, if using an electric wheelchair on recommendation by a doctor or physician, is that there are a number of insurance companies who pay for the complete price of the chair or some percentage of the cost of an electric wheelchair.
What are the drawbacks of using an electric wheelchair?
The drawbacks of using an electric wheelchair are as under:
1. Like manual wheelchairs, this type of traditional electric wheelchairs with a motor, battery cannot be folded. Therefore, storing becomes an issue as all people using this type of wheelchair may have to travel and may not have a large vehicle to accommodate the wheelchair.
2. Another issue with this type of wheelchair is that they are much more expensive than the manual wheelchairs.
3. Folding power wheelchairs are also available but this type can be a bit costly than the traditional electric wheelchairs.
4. Another drawback of an electric wheelchair is that since, they come with rechargeable batteries therefore; the wheelchair would not be used during the time when the battery is put on charge.
5. They are larger and heavier than the traditional manual wheelchairs.
Visit Better Life Mobility Center at Los Angeles http://www.betterlifemobility.com/Locations/Los-Angeles and choose manual or electric wheelchairs from Pride, Golden, Invacare, Quickie and other manufacturers. More info can be found at chair section of website http://www.betterlifemobility.com/Mobility-Products/Wheelchairs-Scooters .
Contact Person: Mo Abusham
E-mail: [email protected]
BETTER LIFE MOBILITY CENTERS
Address: 8130 Parkway Dr.La Mesa, CA 91942
Tel/Fax: 888 540 8267