FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Pressnews.biz (Press Release) Oct 9, 2013
-- Although cricket clubs often loan junior cricket equipment to their members, young cricketers and their parents may find themselves looking to buy cricket sets of their own. Major sports brands as well as specialty cricket equipment manufacturers provide an almost limitless number of choices, but to help narrow them down, listed below are five of the most popular junior cricket kit brands.
5. Kookaburra is a popular Australian sporting goods brand. Initially a manufacturer of cricket balls when the company first started in the late 1800s, it has since expanded to a global brand that manufactures all types of cricket equipment, from bats and balls to cricket whites and helmets. Kookaburra sponsors the Kookaburra Cup, an annual junior cricket tournament. Kookaburra has a line specifically targeted at junior cricketers.
4. Slazenger is a sporting gear company founded in England in the early 1800s and is one of the world's oldest sporting brands still in business. Apart from cricket equipment, Slazenger also manufactures hockey and tennis gear. Slazenger cricket equipment has been used by some of the legendary names in cricket such as Sir Viv Richards and Sir Don Bradman. Slazenger's current cricket endorsements include eight English cricketers. Slazenger also manufactures complete junior cricket sets and individual bats made from a variety of materials, from plastic to Kashmir Willow.
3. A well-known name in the sporting gear industry, Puma is far from being a specialized cricket equipment manufacturer, but it has produced some of the most well-reviewed cricket equipment out there. Like the aforementioned brands, Puma also has a line specifically for junior cricketers. The Puma Pulse Junior Cricket Kit includes a Kashmir willow cricket bat, an abdominal guard, one batting leg guard, one elbow guard, one thigh guard, and a batting glove. Puma's line of cricket gear is currently endorsed by contemporary cricket great Yuvraj Singh.
2. Adidas is another major player in the sporting gear and sportswear industry with a cricket line. Adidas recently launched the adiPower Cricket Helmet collection. Included in the collection is the RawTek helmet, made with a combination of Kevlar and carbon fiber. Their junior cricket kit line is called Adidas Rookie. Adidas manufactures junior cricket sets but these are now quite difficult to find. Individual pieces of junior cricket gear can be easily purchased online, however, and are favorably reviewed by junior cricketing aficionados.
1. Gunn & Moore is a sportswear and equipment manufacturer that specializes in cricket. Gunn & Moore's junior cricket line includes spiked shoes (the Octane All-Rounder Junior and the Octane Multi-function Junior,) clothing, junior-sized cricket balls, and junior versions of their English Willow bats, made in their Nottingham factory. Gunn & Moore was founded in 1885 by William "Billy" Gunn, a right-handed batsman who played for England in 11 Test matches.
Online cricket stores are able to provide junior cricketers and other consumers with equipment options that aren't limited to just one brand. Browsing through an online sporting goods store dedicated to cricket equipment, apparel, and accessories from the above five brands, in addition to equipment and sets from other cricket brands such as Masuri, Reebok, and Gray-Nicolls, is less time-consuming than shopping for them at physical stores. An online junior cricket shop can also make purchasing pieces of junior cricket equipment piece by piece easier and cheaper. In addition, purchasing cricket sets that are no longer available in stores is made possible by online cricket equipment shops.