In recent times, an increase in the number of consumers seeking information has led to the demand for high quality and engaging publications. Publishers rely on different software to facilitate the creation of print and digital content for the readers. One such software is Adobe InDesign, which is a feature of Adobe Digital Publishing Solution. Publishers consider it to be one of the best software for designing magazines and other print media. Here are the Pros and Cons that make the software desirable.
Pros of using InDesign
1. It is fast and easy to use. Beginners can follow the detailed video tutorials to understand how to use the tools. It is easy to create extensive material within a short time.
2. The adobe cloud library makes it accessible from any device. You can write and edit your work without worrying about losing the content.
3. It is in sync with Adobe Photoshop and can allow you to edit images.
4. Images can be converted to pdf format and printed.
5. It enables different text compositions. You can use the tools to maintain the flow of your text.
6. It is flexible and has different layout options. Great for creating flyers, comic books, master templates, etc.
7. It incorporates different graphic tools from Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, which are part of adobe digital magazine software.
8. It includes tools for creating tables.
Cons of using InDesign
1. You can only use it to create layouts for magazines and books. You cannot design a detailed logo or cover with InDesign.
2. The files from recent versions of InDesign may not be compatible with older versions; this creates an inconvenience for the writer.
3. The software is expensive and only accessible through a subscription plan after the free trial.
4. You cannot use it for editing without incorporating alternative features like illustrator and Photoshop.
5. It does not have enough tools for vector design.
Despite the shortcomings, Adobe InDesign offers variety for publishers looking for a functional publishing tool. It has a lot of editing tools that make work easier and faster.