Data Center Analyst
Our client is a leading Computer/IT Market research and publishing firm currently looking for a seasoned qualified individual with IT, data center and/or market research experience to fill an analyst position in its syndicated research organization. The firm provides a very competitive total compensation package, full benefits, and liberal vacation.
The position offers an excellent opportunity to gain experience and responsibility in a dynamic industry and in a growing P&L operation. The company environment also has the potential for broad exposure to high-tech executives as well as the opportunity for press attribution. Vendor coverage for this analyst position includes a named set of accounts from the Top 100 IT vendors, including leading firms such as Cisco, Juniper, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Oracle, Huawei, EMC, NetApp, HDS, Fujitsu, Brocade, Unisys, Intel, AMD and others.
The analyst will be responsible for qualitative and quantitative analysis of a set of high-tech data center infrastructure vendor companies on a quarterly basis. The final products are written analytical reports for each company covered. The individual will also be responsible for developing working relationships with the press, senior vendor executives, corporate directors, PR staff and key personnel in our client base, many of which are Fortune 500 corporations. These close relationships are the key to differentiation in the high tech industry and to the generation of this firm’s project work.
What It Takes
The successful candidate must have strong qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, including excellent writing, mathematical, and communications capabilities. The ability to quickly discern and analyze the critical elements of large sets of information is highly important, as is the ability to communicate this analysis to clients in verbal, written, and/or spreadsheet format.
• Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of the data center infrastructure industry covering trends, issues, vendor activities and positions, major product/services announcements, and acquisitions and alliances
• The ability to quickly discern and analyze the critical elements of large sets of information, and the ability to communicate this analysis to clients in verbal, written, and/or spreadsheet format
• Able to synthesize business implications with a grasp of market economics/dynamics to deliver vendor predictions and analyses
• Act as domain expert in customer presentations and in sales calls to help generate new syndicated and custom research clients.
• Establish close working relationships with named top IT and data center infrastructure vendors
• Excellent listening, writing, mathematical and oral communication skills
• Must be able to think on their feet and work in a fast paced environment
• A degree of professional competence and a personal demeanor that allows you to effectively participate in an atmosphere where assumptions, precedent, and the position of others are all challenged in a constructive process
• Strong organizational skills and ability to meet authoring deadlines
• Commitment to quality, while meeting publishing deadlines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Must have English as primary language and have work authorization to work for any employer
Our client is located near Portsmouth NH and is recognized as one of the leading high-tech market research and consulting firms specializing in the analyses of computer, application, networking, wireless, and professional services companies. Serving an international clientele of high-tech manufacturers, IT professionals, end users and financial executives, the company has continually distinguished itself in the marketplace by providing timely, accurate, high-quality information and market research in a format that is uniquely responsive to our clients’ needs.