Myths regarding the role of the data scientist in India
Data science is a field of multidisciplinary where data scientists extract constructive information, insights, and knowledge from the hidden data irrespective of the data type. Extracting the information or knowledge helps the companies in taking the data-driven decisions.
What is a data scientist?
• The data scientist is quite a self-explanatory term. A data scientist is a person who loves to play with a huge amount of data.
• Data scientists are experts in scientific discipline and using their relevant skills they solve complex problems.
• Data scientists work in the field of mathematics, statistics, computer science and etc.
• In a more simple term, they basically illustrate the information from the field of science & applications.
What are the skills are required to become a data scientist?
If you want to pursue your career as a data scientist then there are some basic skills that are required such as a person must have good knowledge about the database, statistics, programming tools, data wrangling, data visualization, big data, and machine learning.
Data science is an emerging field that is growing day-by-day that automatically results in the increasing demand of data scientists as well.
In India also the field of data science is emerging day-by-day and it is expected that in the coming year data science will gain more popularity than before but there are some myths regarding the role of the data scientists in India. Let’s see what those myths are.
DATA SCIENTIST MYTHS
1. It is not mandatory to have a degree of Ph.D. to be a data scientist but if you have a PhD degree then there is obviously no harm in it. If you have a keen interest in doing several types of research then you must have a Ph.D. degree.
2. The field of data science applied Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a complex field where a person has to work with various disciplines across the length & the breadth of the project. Here comes the second myth which is to be believed that data scientists will be replaced by AI. There are many roles that a data scientist has to play like data engineer, data analyst, AI/ML engineer, etc that shows that AI will not replace data scientists.
3. The third misconception about data science is that the data collection is easy but it is not at all easy. Constructing a pipeline is mandatory for the purpose of collecting the data.
4. It is not obligatory that you must know how to do coding or you should be from a CS background to be a data scientist. It is not at all compulsory.
So, the above mentioned are some of the misconceptions that people tend to believe which needed to be clear. Now if you want to learn data science and looking for an IT institute that provides comprehensive data science training then you have a great option. SkyWebcom is one such IT institute of training that offers comprehensive training of data science. Training offered by SkyWebcom is based on live scenarios where highly qualified trainers who have experience of 32 years provide in-depth data science training. SkyWebcom also gives 100% placement assistance in top companies.